2 BR + 1 BR, 1 BA + 1 BA El Cerrito 2-Unit Building for Sale: $645,000
2 BR + 1 BR
1 BA + 1 BA
Built in 1954, this multi-family home in El Cerrito is separated into two independent apartments that share a common wall, front garden, and side patio. Number 1502 features 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom, while number 1504 has 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom. Both home have their own front and back doors and have been recently been remodeled with many of the same sophisticated materials including ceramic tile, bamboo flooring, crown moulding, new horizontal blinds, and new ceiling fans and light fixtures.
The larger 2 bedroom living space at 1502 S. 56th Street features bamboo floors in the living room and bedrooms and modern ceramic tile floors in the living room and bathroom. The remodeled kitchen includes a divided stainless steel sink with an elegant faucet; granite counters; a granite backsplash; and cherry Shaker-style cabinets with soft-close drawers and cupboards. Appliances include an Amana refrigerator and gas range and a built-in Whirlpool microwave. The bathroom has a shower-over-tub configuration with new brilliant white subway tiles and a newer pedestal sink. The kitchen also provides space and hookups for a stacking washer and dryer. The rooms have been freshly painted.
The smaller 1 bedroom unit at 1504 S. 56th Street has also been newly remodeled and includes many of the same upscale materials as its neighbor. The living room and bedroom each have bamboo floors, and the kitchen and bathroom have the same textured ceramic tile floor that is present in 1502. The kitchen is almost a mirror image of the other unit, with beautiful cherry cabinets, granite counters, a large stainless steel divided sink, a gas range, and a built-in microwave.
A side patio can be accessed by both homes and is perfect for entertaining or a play area. A detached two-car garage is situated next to the patio, and each unit has its own garage parking space.
This tastefully remodeled property offers a wonderful opportunity to generate income from one or both units or can be converted into a single-family home. Close to BART and San Pablo Avenue shopping including Safeway, Starbucks, and Walgreens, this turn-key property offers many flexible options for the lucky new owner.
• 2-unit building
• Built in 1954
• 1,080 total sq. ft. of living space on 2,600 sq. ft. lot (per public records)
• 1502 South 56th Street: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
• 1504 South 56th Street: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
• 2 separate living spaces
• Remodeled kitchens with granite counters, cherry cabinets
• Updated bathrooms
• Bamboo floors in living areas and bedrooms, ceramic tile floors in kitchens and bathrooms
• Crown moulding
• Dual-pane windows with new white horizontal blinds
• New energy-efficient entry doors
• Newly painted interiors, newer exterior stucco
• Washer/dryer hook-ups in 1502
• Shared front garden and side patio
• Detached 2-car garage
• Close to Interstates 580 and 80, El Cerrito del Norte BART, San Pablo Avenue shopping, Point Isabel Regional Shoreline
Sold On: Jun 23 2017
We want to hear from you! Drop us a note – We're here to help.