1 BR, 1 BA Oakland Live/Work Loft for Sale: $750,000
Welcome to the coveted Brickhouse Lofts, an intimate 13-unit live/work loft development in the heart of Jack London Square. This building is located in the historic Waterfront Warehouse District, an area within Jack London that is home to several historic warehouse loft buildings. Brickhouse Lofts #201 is a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom brick and steel-beam home with a single-level flexible floor plan and an enclosed bedroom. This unique property is both elegant and industrial. Among its many features are walls of original exposed brick, exposed concrete pillars, original steel beams, and custom-finished concrete floors. Spaces in this particular building are rarely available and tend to sell either off market or very quickly when on; both sales and rentals are few and far between. This rare offering is not to be missed.
As you open the door to loft 201, you are welcomed by an elegant gallery-style entryway. There is ample wall space for artwork. The foyer opens into an exceptionally warm and inviting living/dining area and kitchen featuring a wall of original warehouse windows. Custom Arakawa art hanging systems have been installed for professional art display as has gallery-style lighting to fully take advantage of the artsy feel of this unique home. The living/dining area of the space is flanked by brick walls, exposed concrete pillars, and steel beams. There is a corner gas fireplace that is the heat source for this room. Custom lighting, paired with very high ceilings, lends to the dramatic effect of this room. The original warehouse windows are operable and are framed by custom window coverings.
The gas kitchen features a DCS commercial-grade stove with a new hood; a stainless steel refrigerator; and a stainless steel dishwasher. Above the kitchen is a clever loft storage area; access to this area is via a custom ladder that is included with the home. A granite breakfast bar and backsplash complete the kitchen, leaving ample room for entertaining or eating on the go.
The fully enclosed bedroom has an oversized walk-in closet with custom shelving organizers. More exposed brick and concrete elements make this room equally architecturally interesting. There are also a full-size washer and dryer in this room. Access to the large bathroom is via the living room or the master bedroom, another example of the flexibility of this floor plan. Double sinks and granite accents lend a modern, spacious feel. The bathroom also features high ceilings and custom lighting.
Peaceful verdant outlooks from each room of this loft give the sense of being in a park-like setting, when in fact you are in the heart of Jack London Square. This home is completed with an enormous storage room and 2-car tandem parking in a gated lot.
The Brickhouse Lofts is a 13-unit elevator building with a sunny roof deck featuring a grill and patio furniture. It offers convenient urban living in a hip neighborhood featuring unique lofts, warehouses, and wineries. Enjoy living close to BART, the ferry terminal, Amtrak, bus routes, cafes, restaurants, galleries, the urban wine trail, and a weekly farmer’s market; the list goes on and on. Come see what the buzz is about in Jack London Square.
• 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
• Single-level brick, concrete, and steel warehouse loft
• Verdant outlooks create a peaceful view
• Elegant gallery-style entryway, perfect for artwork
• Open living/dining area and kitchen
• Living room features corner gas fireplace and custom built-in shelving
• Kitchen features professional-grade gas DCS oven/range; stainless steel refrigerator and dishwasher; granite breakfast bar and backsplash
• Overhead storage loft in kitchen with custom ladder
• Fully enclosed bedroom with enormous walk-in closet with custom organizers
• Large bathroom offers dual sinks, granite counters, and shower over tub with granite tile backsplash
• Upgraded gallery-style lighting and custom Arakawa art hanging systems professionally installed, perfect for art displays
• Walls of exposed brick, steel beams, and concrete columns
• Original warehouse windows with custom coverings
• Hand-stained concrete floors throughout living areas and bedroom
• Washer/dryer in unit
• Huge storage room included
• Gated tandem parking for 2 cars included
• Current HOA dues: $460 per month
• Coveted Brickhouse Lofts building where sales and rentals are quite rare
• 13-unit live/work warehouse conversion building
• Spacious common area roof deck with grill and patio furniture
• Located in the heart of Jack London Square close to BART, the ferry, AC Transit, farmers market, multiple restaurants, Friday Night celebrations, and tons more
Sold On: Sep 05 2017
We want to hear from you! Drop us a note – We're here to help.