1 BR, 2 BA San Francisco Loft for Sale: $958,000
This 1 bedroom, 2 bathroom live/work loft at 239 8th Street presents a unique combination of grand scale, luxury finishes, and an unparalleled central location in the heart of San Francisco’s burgeoning SOMA district. Located in a boutique 14-unit building, this dynamic space epitomizes the urban loft in every detail: an undivided living space, double-height ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, architectural design elements, and luxury fixtures and finishes. The home also features an expansive patio, in-unit laundry, additional deeded storage unit, and deeded parking space, as well as numerous custom upgrades.
The main level of living space presents a grand entry with double-height ceilings, an expansive open-concept living room, and a gourmet kitchen that will satisfy the most discerning of chefs. Luxury finishes and features include gleaming wide plank hardwood floors, a gas fireplace, floor-to-ceiling windows, and a patio. The delineated kitchen opens onto the main living areas and is ideal for cooking and entertaining; it boasts honed granite countertops, oak cabinetry, and a professional-grade suite of stainless steel appliances including a gas range. A washer and dryer are also conveniently located in a laundry closet adjacent to the kitchen. A full bathroom, ideal for guests, and a spacious walk-in storage closet with custom organizer systems complete the first level of living space.
A dramatic staircase leads to the second floor mezzanine master suite, which can easily accommodate a king-sized bed. An en-suite master bathroom features ample storage, a large vanity, custom tile work, and a shower over a tub. The suite features a spacious walk-in closet as well as a second closet with functional sliding doors; both feature built-in custom organizers that allow for a very efficient storage of your wardrobe and personal belongings.
Situated at the western edge of SOMA bordering Hayes Valley, and the Inner Mission, 239 8th Street lies at the crossroads of San Francisco’s most desirable neighborhoods as well as I-280, I-101, Caltrain, and shuttle services making for an easy commute within the city, down to the South Bay, or across the Bay Bridge. Located a half block away from Harvest Urban Market specialty food store, you are close to some of the city’s most noteworthy restaurant and dining venues including Bar Agricole, Citizen’s Band, El Capitan, Una Pizzeria Napoletana, Chez Spencer, and Basil Canteen. Nearby cafes are Sightglass Coffee, Starbucks, BrainWash, Wicked Grounds, The Stable, Coffee Bar, and Peet’s Coffee. Some of SOMA’s best bars and nightlife are outside your door including Azucar Lounge, Raven Bar, Beatbox, Slim’s, DNA Lounge, Butter, and Holy Cow. Modern conveniences such as Safeway, Trader Joe’s, and 24-Hour Fitness are nearby in Potrero Hill and the Inner Mission. With a Transit Score of 100, Bike Score of 98, and a Walk Score of 96, this is a paradise no matter how you choose to get around.
• Bi-level 1 bedroom, 2 bathroom loft
• 1,081 sq. ft. per tax records
• Double-height ceilings
• Living room features gas fireplace
• Expansive deeded patio, ideal for entertaining
• Chef’s kitchen with honed granite counters and stainless steel appliances including gas range and dishwasher
• Mezzanine-level master suite with 2 spacious closets
• Remodeled spa-like master bathroom with custom finishes and tilework
• Gleaming oak hardwood floors
• Washer/dryer in unit
• Deeded 1-car parking
• Deeded storage unit
• Low HOA dues of $494.13 per month
• Boutique 14-unit live/work building with elevator and professional management
• High-speed Webpass internet included in monthly dues
• Transit Score of 100, Walk Score of 97, Bike Score of 98
• Close to BART, Muni, Caltrain, and corporate shuttle stops
• Easy proximity to 101/280
• Sightglass Coffee around the corner
• Harvest Urban Market half a block away
• Numerous cafes, small shops, restaurants, and a park in surrounding area
• Central SOMA location close to downtown, waterfront amenities, Hayes Valley, Inner Mission
Sold On: Mar 25 2016
We want to hear from you! Drop us a note – We're here to help.