1 Lakeside Dr. #203
1 BR + Den, 1 BA Oakland Condo for Sale 952 Sq. Ft.
Expansive Condo with Rare Extra-Large Patio at the Essex
Address: 1 Lakeside Drive #203
Building: The Essex
Bedrooms: 1 BR + Den
Bathrooms: 1 BA
Square Feet: 952
HOA Dues: $656.28
Listed At: $679,000
This incredibly spacious 1 bedroom plus den, 1 bathroom condo features an exceptionally large patio that directly accesses the building’s amenity level, with a pool, hot tub, large sunny lawn area, clubhouse, and barbecue area just outside your home. One Lakeside Drive #203 features an open layout with many upgrades including the wood flooring, quartz countertops, kitchen cabinet doors, plush carpeting, custom closet organizers, and the bathroom vanity. A den/office area, in-unit laundry, and deeded parking for 1 car complete the home.
The Essex is the premiere luxury building in Lake Merritt and all of Oakland, delivering high-rise living at its best. The building offers a 24-hour front desk; a business center; a club house and residents’ lounge; a well-equipped gym; a sun terrace with an outdoor pool, hot tub, and outdoor dining area with a barbecue; and on-site management.
The Essex is located directly on Lake Merritt, a stunning experience. It is the United States’ first official wildlife refuge and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. With amazing grassy shores; several artificial islands intended as bird refuges; an interpretive center called the Rotary Nature Center; a boating center where kayaks, sailboats, canoes, and rowboats can be rented and classes are held; and a fairytale-themed amusement park called Children’s Fairyland, Lake Merritt has something to offer for everyone. It also features a popular restaurant, the Lake Chalet, perfect for lakeside dining. Enjoy the 3.4 mile path around the lake or relax on a gondola ride. The famous and historic “Necklace of Lights” surrounding the lake is truly a sight to behold, especially at night.
Uptown Oakland, Jack London Square, exciting restaurants, cafes, and BART are all in close proximity. This is an ideal alternative to buying in San Francisco; SF’s Financial District is just 13 minutes away by freeway or 23 minutes by BART. This home is a great option for first-time buyers, investors, retirees, or anyone who enjoys both luxury and the outdoors.
• 1 bedroom plus den, 1 bathroom
• 952 sq. ft. per public records, one of the largest 1 bedroom plus den units in the building
• Rare patio, approx. 7 feet by 26 feet (per owner), opens onto building’s courtyard and amenity level
• Gorgeous views of Lake Merritt and the hills
• Large gourmet kitchen with electric oven/range, upgraded quartz counters and cabinets
• Luxurious upgraded hardwood floors in living areas, upgraded plush carpet in bedroom
• Bedroom features large walk-in closet with custom shelving
• In-unit washer and dryer
• Deeded 1-car parking
• Current HOA dues: $656.28 per month
• 270-unit full-service luxury building
• 24-hour guard and doorperson
• Gorgeous entrance lobby
• Business center and club lounge
• Well-equipped fitness center
• Residents’ lounge/party room with TV opens onto outdoor dining area with barbecue
• Terrace courtyard with sunny lawn area; outdoor pool with lounge chairs; hot tub; and outdoor shower
• On-site management
• Just a few minutes to freeways, Lake Merritt BART, and 19th Street Oakland BART
• Ultimate Lake Merritt location near CA Museum, recreational activities, downtown shopping, and Whole Foods
• Walk Score of 95, a “Walker’s Paradise”