1327 Derby St.
2 BR + Den, 2 BA Berkeley Home for Sale
La Vie en Rose in Southwest Berkeley
Address: 1327 Derby Street
Neighborhood: Southwest Berkeley
Bedrooms: 2 BR + Den
Bathrooms: 2 BA
Listed At: $745,000
This lovely 2 bedroom plus den, 2 bathroom home on a peaceful tree-lined street has been recently remodeled with beautiful finishes. A front foyer invites you to leave your worries behind, and perhaps your shoes to keep pristine the beautiful dark bamboo floors that highlight the home. It’s also an inviting place for morning coffee and tete-a-tete with the friendly neighbors.
Natural light fills the home through many double-pane windows. The open combination living and dining room has direct access to the modern kitchen, truly conducive to entertaining, and a second full bathroom, which is a luxury in this neighborhood. Stainless steel kitchen appliances and a full-size stackable washer and dryer are fantastic amenities, along with a recently updated roof and plumbing and electrical systems, just 4 years old.
The master suite in the rear boasts a full contemporary bathroom and ample closet space, and its large windows beautifully frame the glorious pink roses in the yard. Bright and lovely, this is just what a master retreat should be. The adjacent den or office area can house your collection of books, artwork, photos, or musical instruments. This is la vie en rose served on a platter.
The landscaped backyard is great for enjoying the sunny weather of Berkeley which lends itself to dining al fresco and summer barbecues. The plum tree produces ample fruit that the owner has been able to share with neighbors. The planter box will inspire you to cultivate your own organic vegetable garden. The plum tree in the yard fruits abundantly, allowing the owners to share with the neighbors; the neighbors on either side of 1327 Derby have a friendly relationship with the sellers. The large garage at the rear of the property offers exciting possibilities; imagine a guest suite, hobby workshop, gym/yoga studio, or play or recreation room.
The home’s convenient location in the hot Southwest Berkeley neighborhood is very close to San Pablo Park with easy access to Ashby BART and Berkeley Bowl West with a multitude of cafes, groceries, and restaurants just minutes away. Neighbors on the block have a tight-knit community; the neighborhood has a block party every year with live music, food, and entertainment for the whole family.
• 2 bedrooms plus den, 2 bathrooms
• Open living and dining room highlighted by dark bamboo floors
• Dining room has new chandelier and closet for extra storage
• Kitchen boasts stainless steel appliances, granite counters, and ample storage
• Master bedroom overlooking roses and yard has deep closet and en-suite full bathroom
• Den can be used as an office
• Full-size gray washer and dryer blend in with kitchen appliances
• Newly painted exterior and interior
• Plumbing and electrical systems upgraded 4 years ago
• Kitchen and bathrooms remodeled 4 years ago
• Roof was replaced 4 years ago
• Yard with automatic irrigation system and mature rose bushes and plum tree
• Large garage offers exciting possibilities
• Sewer compliant
• Neighborhood block party every year with live music, food, and entertainment for the whole family
• Tight-knit community on block
• Neighbors on either side of 1327 Derby have friendly relationship with sellers