178 Holladay Ave
2 BR, 2 BA Expertly Redesigned Eco-Haven in Bernal Heights
178 Holladay Ave
Address: 178 Holladay Ave
Neighborhood: Bernal Heights
Bedrooms: 2 BR
Bathrooms: 2 BA
With design sensitivities for a modern and sustainable lifestyle, this inspired single family residence in sunny Bernal Heights was extensively renovated from ground up. The thoughtful floorplan with 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms meets all the requirements of the most discerning urban dweller — luxurious finishes with a conscience.
The inviting Living and Formal Dining Rooms are outfitted with built-in shelves, chandelier, and spotlights for your fine art. American-grown Hickory hardwood floors lead to the elegant white kitchen defined by marble counters and contemporary cabinets. Superior appointments include stainless steel 5-burner range, French Door refrigerator, roll-out shelving, full pantry, deep stainless sink, gooseneck faucet, and a custom breakfast bar. The absence of wall to the breakfast area and family room, allows for an excellent flow and open living. One can enjoy California Indoor/Outdoor Living as the back of the home extends to a sunny private, landscaped garden. BBQ’s, alfresco dining, and room for a dog are all possible in this backyard. The second bathroom with a huge cast iron soaking tub and the quiet energy efficient washer and dryer are also on the same level.
The spacious Master Suite and Second Bedroom are both on the upper level for privacy. The well-appointed Master has a dressing room/walk-in closet, an office nook, and access to the spacious attic loft. The en suite bath designed with glass tiles, skylight, and a folding teak shower seat, is stylish and conjures a spa-inspired refuge. The second bedroom equipped with built-in drawers within its twin closets is separated by a cozy sitting area.
Bernal Heights provides small town charm with convenient access to Highway 101and 280. Highly rated restaurants, shops, and cafes are only minutes away on Cortland Avenue. Precita Park and Bernal Heights Park are neighborhood amenities enjoyed by all residents.
• Two-bedroom, Two-bath Home renovated with permits
• Formal Living and Dining Room with built-in shelves
• Family Room can be a third bedroom
• Great indoor/outdoor living with great natural light throughout
• Approximately 1,100 sqft. of storage that includes a workroom and a lit and vented attic loft
• Garage has automatic door may fit 2 cars
• The home was fully engineered, with new foundations, shear walls, hold-downs, connections and details as needed to be in full current compliance with all seismic loading requirements
• The new solar array will reduce electrical bills and shrink the carbon footprint of the building
• Electrical upgrades include new wiring, lighting and a conveniently located subpanel
• New plumbing supply and drain lines, exterior wall insulation,double-paned windows and new furnace ducting have been installed
• High-quality commercial carpeting and hand-laid stone flooring at the master bath
• Solid wood doors and new windows used throughout
• Television and computer data ports are provided at various locations throughout
Private showings by appointment.