200 Panoramic Wy.
5 BR, 5 BA Berkeley Home for Sale 5,598 Sq. Ft.
Mid-Century Hillside Estate by Renowned Frank Lloyd Wright Protege
Address: 200 Panoramic Way
Community: Panoramic Sky
Bedrooms: 5 BR
Bathrooms: 5 BA
Square Feet: 5,598
Listed At: $3,800,000
Recently featured on SFGate, 200 Panoramic Way, also known as “Panoramic Sky,” is a masterfully designed 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom retreat offering space, form and function. This uniquely magnificent property is a rare offering designed by Daniel Liebermann. A student and protege of Frank Lloyd Wright, Liebermann can be referred to as one of the original Bay Area “starchitects” who brought a unique architectural sense to Northern California’s Mid-century modern movement. Although he lived quite simply, his following has become international with his most diehard fans being here in the Bay Area. Properties designed by Liebermann speak to lovers of architecture far and wide with their wild yet perfectly utilitarian sensibilities. His designs combine Dutch roots with Lloyd Wright’s signature democratic yet grand aesthetic to create a unique living experience.
Among the residences Liebermann designed, 200 Panoramic Way represents the epitome of his ideas in form and function while commanding incredible Bay Area views on over an acre of Northern California native landscaping. This grand home perched in the Berkeley Hills offers a beautiful tutorial on one of Northern California’s legendary architects.
Soaring walls of glass and exposed natural elements greet you as you enter this stunning property. Natural stone tile and exposed redwood beams flank the foyer, setting the stage for a dramatic staircase and custom lighting. The signature walls of glass windows bring the outdoors in, creating a seamless environment between the viewer and the view. The public spaces offer sweeping views of Berkeley, San Francisco, Marin, and beyond.
The main house offers 5 spacious bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, and included in this hidden retreat are 2 additional spaces: a studio and an unpermitted 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment above the garage. There is a 3-car garage for parking and over 1.4 acres of winding native landscaping (per owner); this is truly a unique and wonderful compound.
• 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms
• 5,598 sq. ft. of living space on 60,882 sq. ft. lot (per tax records)
• Property is over 2 parcels, both transferred in sale
• Natural redwood, stone, brick, steel and concrete finishes
• Gas kitchen
• Laundry room with washer and dryer hookups
• Unfinished stone wine cellar with glass door
• Hot tub on view deck overlooking Berkeley, San Francisco, Marin, and 3 bridge views
• Tucked away from the street and accessed via long driveway
• 3-car garage plus driveway parking for 2-3 additional cars
• Designed by Daniel Liebermann, protege of the famous Frank Lloyd Wright; another of his creations was just sold in Mill Valley