2734 College Ave.
4 BR, 2 BA Berkeley Home for Sale 1,490 Sq. Ft.
Heart of Elmwood Charmer
Address: 2734 College Avenue
Bedrooms: 4 BR
Bathrooms: 2 BA
Square Feet: 1,490
HOA Dues: $289
Sold On: 24-Mar-2017
This is an amazing opportunity in the heart of Elmwood in Berkeley, just over half a mile to the U.C. Berkeley campus. This detached house-like condo features 4 bedrooms, 2+ bathrooms, and 1,490 sq. ft. of living space, and the location offers a 93 Walk Score. The property is currently divided into two separate living spaces, a wonderful opportunity for flexible use.
The upper level offers 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms (each bedroom has its own bathroom; 2 bathrooms are unwarranted), a large family room, and a spacious updated kitchen with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. The original hardwood floors flow through the family room, hallways, and bedrooms. The level was recently painted and is ready to welcome you home.
The lower level can be accessed by a separate walkway and is currently setup as a 1 bedroom or studio with a cozy family room, dining area, a bathroom, and an unwarranted kitchen which was recently updated with brand-new cabinets and granite countertops. The area can easily be converted back to the two bedrooms that it once was (reflected on the public records) and offers great potential for extended family, an artist’s studio, or a home office. Just past the lower level’s kitchen are a large storage area and an attached garage with a washer and dryer.
• 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms plus 2 unwarranted bathrooms
• 1,490 sq. ft. per public records
• Built in 1946
• Updated kitchens; lower level kitchen is unwarranted
• Hardwood floors upstairs
• New paint
• Lower level bedrooms converted to studio/1 bedroom and family room
• 2 sets of laundry hookups; 1 washer and dryer set included
• Attached 2-car garage
• HOA dues of $289 per month include common area liability service, garbage, landscaping, maintenance fees, reserves
• Convenient location in the heart of Elmwood
• 0.6 miles to U.C. Berkeley
• 1.3 miles to Ashby BART
• 1.1 miles to Rockridge BART
• 0.9 miles to the Berkeley Bowl
• 0.9 miles to the Claremont Hotel and Spa