423 31st Ave.
4 BR, 3 BA San Francisco Home for Sale 2,515 Sq. Ft.
Space and Ease for Contemporary Living in the Central Richmond
Address: 423 31st Avenue
Neighborhood: Central Richmond
Bedrooms: 4 BR
Bathrooms: 3 BA
Parking: 2-Car Garage
Square Feet: 2,515
Sold On: 25-May-2015
If you’re looking for a home that offers space and ease for contemporary living, this 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom single-family residence may be right for you! Built in 1966, 423 31st Avenue offers plenty of convenient amenities, closet space galore, light-filled rooms, and many upgrades, all situated on a 3,000 square foot lot (per tax records) perfect for gardening, entertaining, and playing outdoors.
Enter the tiled foyer with its own coat closet via either the front door or from the 2-car tandem garage with laundry and a utility sink. From the capacious foyer, you’ll enjoy direct access to the freshly carpeted lower level living spaces, which comprise a family room with kitchenette; a guest bath with a shower, Kohler pedestal sink, and Grohe fixtures; and an ample bedroom with two spacious closets.
Large windows and a separate entrance open out to the extra-deep and conveniently level backyard. This inviting space has many possible purposes: a home business, an in-law suite, a getaway for teenagers, or a media room.
Heading upstairs and past the stylish Nelson Bubble lamp, you’ll find a second coat closet and a center patio that brings light and air into the open living, dining, and kitchen areas. With additional natural light from two large windows and well-kept Brazilian cherry hardwood floors, these functional, comfortable living spaces are perfectly attuned to contemporary lifestyles. Snuggle up in front of the California stone wood-burning fireplace and still keep tabs on what’s cookin’ in the kitchen!
Thoughtfully updated with stainless steel appliances, including the Bluestar professional stainless steel gas range and convection oven, and a large central kitchen island complete with electrical outlets and a prep sink, the kitchen is an avid cook’s delight. Enjoy custom cabinets and quality details such as Grohe faucets.
423 31st Avenue offers an excellent layout in keeping with the great amenities. The hallway heading towards the three bedrooms on the same level features two skylights and an additional linen closet. The second bath has its own skylight, a shower over a Toto tub, granite tiling, and Grohe fixtures.
Each of the main level bedrooms is roomy, with spacious, convenient closet space. The first bedroom looks out onto the central patio, while the third bedroom and master suite look out onto the garden. The thoroughly updated master suite has three closets and a beautiful bath complete with dual Kohler sinks, a separate BainUltra Airjet massage tub and BainUltra rain shower, a skylight, and a travertine and marble mosaic tile floor. These touches of luxury will make you feel right at home.
And don’t forget dining, culture, and outdoor activities. 423 31st Avenue is conveniently located between multiple restaurant destinations. Clement Street eateries include PPQ Dungeness Island, Bill’s Place (the best classic burger in the city), Gordo’s Taqueria, India Clay Oven, Hard Knox, boba tea joints, and corner markets. Head over a couple more blocks and you get Angelina’s on California, the cute market across the street, and Pizzetta 211. Don’t forget about Joe’s Ice Cream, Aziza, and Ton Kiang on Geary for delicious dumplings and other dim sum.
There’s a wonderful stretch on Balboa, including Shanghai Dumpling King, Chino’s, Simple Pleasures, Cassava (it’s darling!), Balboa Theater, bakeries, and more boba tea.
423 31st Avenue is adjacent to the beautiful Lands End trail, the Legion of Honor, and Baker and China Beaches. Also not far, you’ll find the Lincoln Park Golf Course, Rochambeau, Mountain Lake, Sutro Heights, and of course Golden Gate Park and the Presidio. The Richmond is ideal for those seeking an active lifestyle!
Muni access is abundant. The 38 Geary goes all the way to the Financial District and has two limited express lines. The 1 goes downtown through Pacific Heights, Russian Hill, and Chinatown. The 2 Clement goes downtown through the Fillmore. To get south of the park, take the 29.
• 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms plus lower level 1-bedroom suite
• 2-Car tandem garage parking with interior access
• Deep lot with flat rear yard
• 2515 Square feet per graphic artist
• Freshly painted indoors and out
• Brazilian cherry hardwood floors
• Nelson Bubble Lamp light fixture for landing
• Granite countertops
• Custom tempered glass backsplash
• Porcelain tile flooring
• Grohe faucets
• Bluestar professional stainless steel gas range and convection oven
• Jenn-Air stainless steel french door refrigerator
• Vent-a-hood professional stainless steel vent hood
• Bosch stainless steel dishwasher
• Garbage disposal for both sinks
• Franke stainless steel main sink and island prep sink
• Recessed lighting and blown glass pendant lights over island
• New carpet
• Tiled entry, steps and entry to bedroom and backyard
• New door and lock to backyard
• New sink, faucet, and cabinets for kitchenette
• Grohe bathroom fixtures and accessories
• Kohler pedestal sink
• Remodeled hall bath
• Granite tiling for bath walls and floor
• Granite countertop
• Custom-built vanity unit
• Kohler sinks
• Toto toilet and iron tub
• Grohe bathroom fixtures
• Travertine and marble mosaic tile for bath walls (including ledge nook) and floor
• Marble countertop
• Custom built dual-sink hanging vanity unit
• BainUltra Airjet massage tub
• BainUltra rain shower
Interior and Exterior
• Newer double-pane Anderson windows and sliding doors
• ADT home security system with window/door opening and motion detection sensors
• Replaced all outward-facing locks
• Welded mesh onto metal gate
• Rewired home for internet and cable
• Smoke detectors
• Finished garage (sheetrock)
• Updated heater and control unit
• Updated water heater
• Updated washer and dryer
• Updated garage door opener
• Above-ground electronically controlled sprinkler system
• Retaining wall for planter in back of yard
• New fencing
• Walk Score: 90