461 2nd St. #T460
2 BR + Den, 1.5 BA San Francisco Live/Work Loft for Sale 1,788 Sq. Ft.
Reimagined Historic Conversion Loft in South Beach
Address: 461 Second Street #T460
Community: The Clocktower
Neighborhood: South Beach
City: San Francisco
Bedrooms: 2 BR + Den
Bathrooms: 1.5 BA
Style: Live/Work Loft
Square Feet: 1,788
HOA Dues: $821.66
Sold On: 29-Dec-2017
In collaboration with Niche Interiors, 461 Second Street #T460 seamlessly blends a fresh, modern aesthetic with rich historical architecture to create a unique 2 bedroom plus den, 1.5 bathroom urban home in the heart of San Francisco’s most coveted neighborhood, South Beach. Dramatic south-facing New York-style paned windows flood the space with natural light with vistas towards the Bay and Twin Peaks. Additional architectural features include soaring ceiling heights, mushroom-capped exposed concrete pillars, and newly installed wide-plank European oak hardwood floors. This flexible loft space is designated as live/work and is ideal for an owner-occupier or as office space for a small business or startup.
A dramatic formal entry leads to an open-concept living/dining area and kitchen. The main living area features warm wide-plank European oak hardwood floors and a raised mezzanine which can be utilized as a flexible second bedroom or office space. The newly remodeled chef’s kitchen features Shaker-stye wooden cabinetry, gleaming quartz countertops, an under-mounted sink, a subway tile backsplash, and a suite of stainless steel GE appliances. Kitchen amenities also include designer lighting, a breakfast bar ideal for entertaining, and a large pantry. A remodeled full bathroom is also located on this level and has been redesigned with hexagon tiled flooring; a shower over a tub; a built- in medicine cabinet; a contemporary floating vanity with a quartz countertop; and an under-mounted sink. Also located on the first floor is an enclosed den/office space with an adjacent laundry room including a full-sized stacked washer/dryer. An additional coat closet and huge bonus storage/crawl space beneath the raised mezzanine complete the main level.
A dramatic staircase leads to an upper-level master suite with hardwood floors and an adjacent remodeled half bathroom. Bathroom finishes include hexagon tiled flooring; a floating vanity with quartz countertops; and designer black matte fixtures. A large walk-in closet and dedicated office niche complete the upper mezzanine level.
The Clocktower building was originally constructed in 1907 for the Max Schmidt Lithograph Corporation, a printing firm that designed and produced the classic California fruit box labels and posters for the Panama Public International Expedition. The concrete, brick, and timber structure was renovated into 127 live/work lofts resulting in a rich variety of unique unit types particularly suited to the emerging lifestyle. The building, an amalgamation of four phases of construction in timber, masonry, and concrete with a 10-story steel frame clock tower, provided the opportunity to create the environment of a “district” as opposed to that of an apartment complex, resulting in a rich variety of unique interiors; no two units are alike. The Clocktower also includes a palm tree-lined courtyard and a view roof deck.
The Clocktower is situated in South Beach on its border with SOMA and Yerba Buena. Known for diverse and modern architecture, these are three of the city’s most fashionable and desirable neighborhoods. The Clocktower is in a prime location in the heart of the city where there are upscale restaurants, South Park, art galleries, cultural attractions, AT&T Park, and some of the best shopping and entertainment venues San Francisco has to offer.
• 2 bedrooms plus den, 1.5 bathrooms
• Approximately 1,788 sq. ft. per tax records
• Flooded with natural light from south-facing New York-style paned windows with water and Twin Peaks views
• Flexible floor plan with 2 mezzanines
• Recently remodeled kitchen with new cabinetry, quartz countertops, subway tile backsplash, GE appliances
• Bathrooms with floating vanities, hexagon tiled floors, quartz countertops, matte black hardware, designer finishes
• Flexible enclosed den/office space
• Dedicated laundry room with full capacity GE washer/dryer
• Multiple walk-in closets plus huge storage/crawl space beneath mezzanine
• Wide-plank European oak hardwood floors throughout living areas and bedrooms
• 1-car parking for full-size vehicle
• Professionally managed building with elevator and landscaped interior courtyard and rooftop deck
• Current HOA dues: $821.66 per month
• Desirable South Beach location within close proximity to green space, South Park, Downtown, Embarcadero waterfront, 280/101 access, the Giants ballpark, and public transit
• Part of the Second Street Improvements Project