2 BR, 2 BA Oakland Live/Work Loft for Sale: $995,000
Welcome to the Magnolia Warehouse, an extraordinary one-of-a-kind live/work warehouse space in hot West Oakland. This freestanding 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom property is the epitome of old and new, offering flexible live/work space combined with chic modern finishes creating a rare blend of true industrial warehouse and warm, inviting living space. You will not believe what is hidden behind the building’s uber-industrial facade.
The original structure was built in the 1920s and rehabbed in the early 2000s. From that point on, it has undergone a constant transformation involving preserving and showcasing the original features while bringing in modern elements for convenience. The historic bones of this property have been painstakingly renovated to reveal dramatic timber beams over grand living spaces; light-filled transom windows; exquisite fir floors; a vintage brick wall,; a walk-in safe/wine cellar/storage area; and multiple skylights.
Entrance to the Magnolia Warehouse is through a gated parking area which offers 2 dedicated parking spaces. The front door is a piece of art itself, a unique custom-crafted metal door created by a local artist. As you enter you are immediately greeted with the volume and light this property features. Magnificent timber beams, skylights, and custom lighting set the stage. The chef’s kitchen and dining area are open and blend as one. The high-end kitchen features single-slab marble counters, European cabinetry, and commercial-grade stainless steel appliances. Conveniently placed lighting makes your cooking experience enjoyable. This open-concept space is perfect for creating, entertaining, or even filming; it was previously used for kitchen demonstrations.
Each bedroom is well placed off the living space and features skylights and oversized windows with peaked roof lines for extra drama. Custom-forged barn doors enclose each bedroom, and the master bedroom offers an en-suite master bathroom with custom tile and a European soaking tub. A dramatic cedar-lined dressing area completes the master quarters, complete with built-in storage and task lighting. Both bedrooms offer wool carpet, designer lighting, and custom window coverings. The master bedroom also leads to a patio area, a little bit of peaceful sunshine among plants and river rock: the perfect escape in an urban area.
Well suited for a live/work studio, the sprawling sense of openness on a large scale can accommodate large pieces of art, equipment, or work stations. The complete separation of being a detached dwelling affords tranquillity and a sense of being tucked away while still being just 12 minutes to San Francisco and a few blocks from the closest on-ramp to the Bay Bridge. From this location you can access trendy Uptown Oakland, which features the Fox Theater and numerous restaurants and galleries; Temescal; and Jack London Square, or hop over the Bay Bridge to San Francisco.
A rare offering, the Magnolia Warehouse is truly an exceptional and unique property.
• 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
• 1920s warehouse conversion loft; free-standing structure
• Open dining room and kitchen with single-slab marble counters, European cabinetry, custom lighting, commercial-grade stainless steel appliances
• Master bedroom features en-suite bathroom and large dressing area with custom organizers and task lighting
• Second bathroom features radiant heat, oversized shower, stainless steel fixtures
• Custom storage including walk-in safe/wine cellar/storage area (additional safe included)
• Dramatic original timber-beam ceiling with skylights and transom windows; timber beams have been structurally reinforced
• Exquisitely refinished fir floors, original to the property
• Vintage exposed brick wall and reinforced shear walls
• Custom-forged hanging barn doors
• Custom lighting including Italian pendant lighting
• Custom window coverings
• Garden patio off of master bedroom
• Newer roof
• Tankless water heater
• New high-end front-loading washer and dryer in unit
• 2-car parking in gated area
• Convenient West Oakland location close to Uptown, Temescal, Jack London Square
• Easy freeway access, 12-minute drive to San Francisco
Listed At: $995,000
We want to hear from you! Drop us a note – We're here to help.