5 BR + 2 BR, 2.5 BA + 1 BA San Francisco 2-Unit Building for Sale: $2,890,000
5 BR + 2 BR
2.5 BA + 1 BA
Ideally situated in the coveted Cole Valley neighborhood of San Francisco, this meticulously remodeled Edwardian-era building presents a unique and flexible offering: a gracious 5 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom home with an adjacent legal 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom second unit perfect for additional income or extended family. This elegant residence has been thoughtfully renovated to include a reconfigured modern floor plan over three levels of living with soaring ceilings and bespoke finishes while still maintaining original period details and charm.
The first level features an open concept floor plan with graciously scaled public rooms that flow from a dramatic formal entry into double parlor-style living and dining areas. The living room is anchored by a tiled gas fireplace with a custom hearth and mantel. The double parlor configuration can be repurposed for formal dining or a secondary living area adjacent to the open chef’s kitchen. Historic details include intricate wainscoting, original moldings, and coved ceilings crowned by an elegant crystal chandelier. Seamlessly blending original period details with new energy-efficient technologies, the gleaming inlaid hardwood floors feature energy-efficient radiant heat. Additional eco-friendly features include newly installed double-paned windows.
The chef’s kitchen has been equipped with professional-grade appliances and amenities. Ideal for entertaining, the kitchen offers elegant designer finishes including natural stone counters, bespoke cabinetry, a Carrara marble backsplash, and a professional-grade suite of appliances. Designer pendant lighting, an abundance of storage space, a walk-in pantry, and direct access to the back patio and yard complete the kitchen. A guest powder room with a pedestal sink and Toto commode is also located on this first floor.
A balustered staircase leads to the second-level bedrooms, a rare offering of 4 bedrooms all on the same floor. Each room features ample closet and storage space, inlaid hardwood floors, crown moldings, and energy-efficient double-paned windows. A beautifully remodeled shared bathroom with a glass-enclosed shower and natural stone vanity is located adjacent to the bedrooms. A fully equipped laundry and utility room is ideally situated on the second floor with direct access to a sunny view deck with outlooks onto the verdant backyard.
The third level of living houses the penthouse-level master suite. This spacious fifth bedroom benefits from a large skylight and iconic cityscape views. A dedicated dressing area with a walk-in closet and custom walls of storage are located adjacent to the sleeping quarters. A spa-inspired en-suite bathroom with an original claw foot tub, glass-enclosed shower, and pedestal sinks features intelligently-designed vanity areas as well as an abundance of storage.
The second unit, 714A Cole Street, is separately metered and includes its own entrance. Currently tenant-occupied on a month-to-month basis at a rate of $3,900 per month, this portion of the home has been newly constructed with the full benefit of permits and designed with the utmost attention to detail. Featuring a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom floor plan, this apartment is appointed with luxury finishes and offers direct access to its own patio as well as gated access to the landscaped yard. Finishes include radiant heat, modern cabinetry, granite countertops, an oversized stainless steel farmhouse sink, and polished stained concrete floors. This space can also be repurposed as an au pair suite or for extended family.
Ideally situated between coveted Cole Valley and iconic Haight Ashbury, the very best of San Francisco City living is outside your front door. Anchored by the famed Golden Gate Park, world-class entertainment, shopping, and restaurants are all within close proximity. Grocery options include Whole Foods and locally owned corner bodegas as well as weekly farmer’s markets. Charming cafes and eateries are aplenty with the Cole Street and Haight Street commercial corridors offering countless options for dining, entertainment, and retail. There is easy access to freeways 280/101, public transit, corporate shuttles, the UCSF Medical campus, and downtown.
714 Cole Features:
• Grand 5 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom floor plan on three levels of living
• Open-concept living/dining room and kitchen with flexible use space for formal dining or family room
• Chef’s kitchen with professional-grade stainless steel appliances, Carrara marble, walk-in pantry, massive breakfast bar
• 4 bedrooms on second level, master suite/fifth bedroom on penthouse level
• Spa-like bathrooms with Carrara marble, tiled floors, designer fixtures
• Dedicated laundry and utility room adjacent to sun-drenched deck
• Direct access to professionally landscaped backyard
• Smart home wired for cat 5 data
• Original period detail: inlaid hardwood floors, coved ceilings, wainscoting, handsome crown moldings, baluster staircase, crystal chandeliers, sconces
• Washer and dryer in unit
714A Cole Features:
• 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
• Newly constructed
• Separate entrance
• Kitchen features granite counters, stainless steel appliances
• Modern finishes
• Polished concrete floors with radiant heat
• Wired for cat 5 data
• Direct access to patio and backyard
• Washer and dryer in unit
• Legal unit per 3R report
• Delivered tenant-occupied at $3,900 per month
• Professionally landscaped backyard with mature plantings
• New systems include retrofitted foundation, updated electrical, updated plumbing, energy-efficient boiler heating system, radiant heat floors, new double-paned windows
• 2-car tandem garage with ample storage
• Conveniently located at the intersection of desirable Cole Valley and iconic Haight Ashbury
• Close proximity to parks, schools, shops, restaurants, groceries, UCSF
• Easy access to public transit, corporate shuttles, downtown, 280/101
Sold On: Jun 15 2016