4 BR, 4 BA San Francisco Condo for Sale
Entering the opulent lobby of 850 Powell, with its arched colonnades and corbeled beams, is like stepping back in time to the golden age of Nob Hill. Built in 1923 by three of the most renowned architects of the day, the Francesca remains one of the City’s true gems.
One of only 40 residences in this historic building, Unit 104 is utterly unique. Beyond its carved wood door, you leave the 1920s behind and find yourself in a luxurious and comfortable 4 bedroom, 4 full bathroom urban retreat that combines grand spaces and gracious details with the sleek open space modern feel of a loft. Skillfully and extensively remodeled, 104 greets you with a serene entry hall warmly lit by pendant lamps of rose-colored glass. The hall opens into a spacious living room with the restored wood-burning fireplace dramatically set against marble that stretches from the wide-planked wood floors to the high, beamed ceiling. Drenched in natural light, the room offers abundant space for relaxing, entertaining, and dining.
The chef’s kitchen features high-end wood cabinets, designer tile, and top-of-the-line appliances, including (delivered straight from Italy) an 8-burner gas range and 2-zone wine refrigerator. A broad island welcomes guests to sip and chat as you cook with TV to accompany your breakfast. Off the kitchen is a convenient second entrance to the unit.
Each of the four large, peaceful bedrooms is accompanied by its own full bathroom, beautifully remodeled and thoughtfully appointed. The master bedroom takes in breathtaking views of the Bay and the Transamerica Building from windows on two walls. Walk-in closets and built-in cabinets offer tons of in-unit storage.
Cutting-edge smart technology (Control4 and Lutron systems) let you raise and lower the window shades automatically; play music through built-in speakers; and monitor the unit with a video surveillance system from inside and outside of your home.
The Francesca is perfectly situated on iconic Nob Hill, across from the Fairmont Hotel and with the beloved San Francisco cable cars running along Powell Street at its feet. Nearby, you’ll find Huntington Park, Top of the Mark, and the Big 4 Restaurant, as well as the landmark architecture of Grace Cathedral. University Club, Pacific Union Club, Olympic Club, Wingtip Club, and the Battery Club are all nearby as well. A few blocks down, Union Square offers world-class shopping, dining, and theater, with the Financial District, North Beach, Chinatown, and SOMA just minutes away.
850 Powell is among downtown San Francisco’s most exclusive properties. This stunningly remodeled condo offers a unique chance to experience modern luxury in one of the City’s signature historic neighborhoods.
• 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
• 2,454 sq. ft. per tax records
• Corner unit in the back of the building, situated on a hill with spectacular water and downtown views
• Extensive remodel completed in January 2016
• High ceilings, 11-plus feet tall
• Open modern floor plan
• Abundant natural light
• Living room features wood-burning fireplace and built-in speakers
• Chef’s gourmet kitchen including gas range
• Walk-in closets
• Custom closets and shelves
• Designer light fixtures
• Video surveillance system
• Remote-controlled window treatments
• In-unit laundry
• Current HOA dues: $2,383.40 per month
• Leased parking for 1 car in building garage or Crocker Garage 1 block away: 1 year prepaid
• Built in 1923
• 40 units total
• 4 elevators
• HOA dues include water, heat, garbage, building insurance, doorperson, maintenance, reserves, and property management
• Walk Score of 99, rated the 6th most walkable neighborhood in San Francisco by Walk Score.com
We want to hear from you! Drop us a note – We're here to help.