11242 Monan St.
4 BR + Bonus Room, 4.5 BA Oakland Home for Sale 4,199 Sq. Ft.
Exceptional Estate with Room to Expand
Address: 11242 Monan Street
Bedrooms: 4 BR + Bonus Room
Bathrooms: 4.5 BA
Square Feet: 4,199
Sold On: 14-Nov-2017
This stately Mediterranean-inspired 4 bedroom plus bonus room, 4.5 bathroom home is perched on a gradual hill in peaceful seclusion at the end of a private road in Chabot Highlands. It was custom-built with exquisite finishes by its current owners in 2004, and sprawls over approximately 5,000 sq. ft. of living space on over an acre of land with serene sylvan and partial golf course views.
The grand facade welcomes you to an entry courtyard and fountain. As you enter, beautiful soaring ceilings and elegant porcelain floors usher you to the elegant formal living and dining rooms adorned with wainscoting, crown molding, and lovely views of a sylvan setting. Large windows illuminate the home with natural light through elegant arches. The magnificent kitchen boasts a brand-new Thermador refrigerator, oven/range, and granite counters as well as a pantry room and abundant storage. Its open layout to the spacious dining and family rooms makes it a gracious entertaining space; the family room features a wood-burning fireplace and a veranda overlooking the wide, open setting. Enjoy the lovely bucolic view from the luxurious master suite on this level. It is fitted with a dressing room with a refrigerator; walk-in closets; and a spacious bathroom with vanities and a large soaking tub.
The expansive lower level has 2 bedroom suites; a third bedroom and bathroom; a recreation or fitness room with its own kitchen; and a large bonus room that is currently used as a movie theater, library, and office and could easily be used as a guest room. The home is equipped with built-in speakers on both levels including surround sound in the family room and theater. This level takes you directly down to the yard hardscaped with a enchanting waterfall, gazebo, and viewing terrace. Imagine the parties you can have at this grand home.
With comfort and efficiency in mind, central air conditioning and heating are installed on each level. An alarm system; a large 3-car garage with built-in storage shelves and cabinets; and a laundry room furnished with cabinets and a washer and dryer complete the amenities. This inspiring estate will keep you dreaming of its possibilities. Down the slope from the home, included in the price, is approximately a half-acre of land with potential to develop a pool and pool house; tennis or basketball courts; or a park-like dream garden. Not only will it enhance your views from the home, it will also maximize the potential for this one-of-a-kind real estate.
Its proximity to Anthony Chabot Regional Park and its copious hiking trails; Lake Chabot; and to the Bay Area’s best golf value, Lake Chabot Golf Course, coupled with its peaceful setting and unparalleled tranquillity, make this a truly unique opportunity.
• 4 bedrooms plus bonus room, 4.5 bathrooms
• Approx. 5,000 sq. ft. total: 4,199 sq. ft. per public records plus an additional 800 sq. ft. per seller
• Soaring ceilings, porcelain floors, and elegant arches
• Kitchen with Thermidor and KitchenAid stainless steel appliances and walk-in pantry
• Enormous, luxurious master suite with dressing room; walk-in closets; dual showers and vanities; and soaking tub
• Recreation or fitness room with a second kitchen and direct access to yard
• Bonus room used as theater, library, and office, great for use as guest room
• Laundry room with abundant cabinets and washer and dryer
• Built-in speakers on both levels, surround sound in family room and theater
• Abundant storage
• Handsomely landscaped yard boasting a waterfall feature, built-in bar, gazebo, viewing terrace, and relaxation deck
• Large 3-car garage with built-in shelves and cabinets
• Large 1.08 acre lot (per public records) with potential for a pool/tennis/basketball court/grand park-like yard
• Located in Oakland’s Chabot Highlands neighborhood