1239 33rd Ave.
2 BR, 1 BA Oakland Home for Sale 1,944 Sq. Ft.
Unique Victorian with Commercial Use Opportunities
Address: 1239 33rd Avenue
Bedrooms: 2 BR
Bathrooms: 1 BA
Square Feet: 1,944
Listed At: $749,000
A perfect opportunity for a home/business owner, this property is currently configured as a 4* bedroom, 2* bathroom single-family home; however, it is designated with the S-15 “Transit Oriented Development” zoning code allowing for the following uses: residential; duplex; multi-unit; full-service restaurant; limited service restaurant and cafe; general food sales; general retail sales; limited day care; medical service; health care; administrative; community assembly; community education; broadcasting and recording service; and much more.
This handsome two-level Victorian has been beautifully renovated with care that shows many unique styles, colors, textures, and lights giving this home a charming personality. The custom-crafted porch that leads to the front door adds nice appeal to the home. The moment you enter, you’ll see a brand-new chef’s kitchen with an amazing huge hood that covers over the span of the range. The kitchen also features black stainless-steel appliances, custom soft-close cabinetry, under-cabinet lighting, and quartz countertops. It’ll be hard to miss the beautifully custom Shou Sugi Ban that details the kitchen from floor to ceiling and wraps around the black wrought-iron spiral staircase that leads down into the living room. Adjacent to the kitchen, the formal dining room is stunning with its industrial design chandelier with aged brass accents.
You’ll find 2 bedrooms, 10-foot ceilings, and designer bathrooms on both floors; the top floor’s bathroom features a huge lit mirror that spans the double sink vanity providing amazing lighting. There are recessed LED lights in the rooms on both floors, including the garage, perfect for converting this space to commercial use. Additional features include new floors; new central heat; new electrical systems; a new roof; a new tankless water heater; new exterior and interior paint; and a freshly landscaped backyard with bamboo trees.
1239 33rd Avenue is centrally located right next to Fruitvale BART Station and Fruitvale Village with a Walk Score of 96. Restaurants, shops, cafes, the post office, food trucks, and Code Next are all close by. You’re also minutes away from Lake Merritt; Alameda’s Park Street neighborhood; Downtown Oakland; San Francisco; the 880 and 580 freeways; and the best of the bay. It’s in a great up-and-coming area very similar to the 16th and Mission neighborhood of San Francisco.
• 4* bedrooms, 2* bathrooms
• 1,944 sq. ft. per builder
• Mixed-use property configured as single-family home, zoned S-15 for possible duplex conversion or commercial use
• Built in 1898, renovated in 2016-2017
• 2 levels
• 10-foot ceilings
• Living room
• Formal dining room
• Kitchen features custom Shou Sugi Ban details, quartz counters, custom soft-close cabinetry, under-cabinet lighting, wine cooler, oversized range hood, updated black stainless teel appliances
• Elegant lit mirrors
• Wrought-iron spiral staircase
• Landscaped backyard
• Laundry room with washer/dryer hookups
• 1-car garage
• Desirable location next to Fruitvale BART station
• Easy access to highways 880 and 580
* 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom per tax records; lower level is unpermitted. The seller may consider offers including consideration paid in Bitcoin or other forms of cryptocurrency. Any buyer intending to use cryptocurrency must identify and resolve any legal or practical issues, such as any objections of real estate service providers like title insurer/company, escrow holder, and lender. Seller and listing broker make no representations or guarantees concerning cryptocurrency-related issues.