451 Kansas St. #489
Studio, 1 BA San Francisco Condo for Sale
Contemporary Studio in The Potrero above Whole Foods
Address: 451 Kansas Street #489
Community: The Potrero
Neighborhood: Potrero Hill
Bathrooms: 1 BA
HOA Dues: $426.64
Sold On: 25-Oct-2015
Versatile and efficient, this bright condo is located in one of the best neighborhoods in San Francisco, sunny Potrero Hill. Perfect as a pied-a-terre or for everyday living, the great studio layout makes it easy to create useful spaces. Rarely are properties like this available with parking and an in-unit washer and dryer.
Conveniently located near the heart of Potrero Hill, you need only go out the front door to get all your organic groceries at Whole Foods. You are just blocks from a number of restaurants serving some of SF’s finest delectable foods, such as Chez Maman, Skool, and Market and Rye. Another San Francisco favorite: cafes. Philz, A2 Cafe, and Papa November are also close by.
• Peaceful and comfortable studio
• 453 sq. ft. per tax records
• Spacious open layout
• Kitchen features full-size stainless steel appliances and granite countertops
• Gorgeous bamboo flooring
• New construction in 2007
• Washer and dryer in unit
• One parking space included
• HOA dues: $426.64 per month
The Potrero is a well-designed condominium building that sits above the vibrant Whole Foods Market. This home is located in the North Court of the complex, which occupies the entire city block. Two enclosed garden courtyards offer a serene refuge from the urban lifestyle and provide lush areas for relaxation. Just inside is the state-of-the-art fitness center with strength training, cardio, yoga, and Pilates equipment.
• Elevator building
• Professionally maintained landscaped courtyards and mews
• Fitness center with yoga and Pilates equipment, weights, punching bag, and cardio machines
• Rooftop deck with breathtaking city views
• Whole Foods Market and newly remodeled Steep Brew bistro at street level
• On-site professional HOA management
• Full-time maintenance manager
• Friendly community
If you’re looking to venture out in the neighborhood, you don’t need to look very far. Along the bustling streets on 18th and 20th Streets, you’ll find cafes and restaurants, galleries and theaters, watering holes and wine shops. And in between: homes. Because while Potrero Hill is a neighborhood packed with every convenience and cuisine, it is, first and foremost, a neighborhood. Families and professionals, young couples and old, third-generation homeowners and first-time buyers, all sharing one thing in common: a home on the Hill.
The Potrero is conveniently located in one of San Francisco’s most quickly developing areas near the San Francisco Design Center and the new UCSF campus. The Potrero also enjoys easy access to Mission Bay and downtown, or in the other direction, 16th Street BART and the famously hip Valencia corridor. You’re also just 3 blocks from the 18th Street commercial strip that gives Potrero Hill that “oasis in the urban jungle” feel. You couldn’t marry the urban, industrial, and neighborhood feel of San Francisco any better than in Potrero Hill. With several main bus lines and proximity to the freeways, the Third Street light rail, and Caltrain, this is the perfect commuter location.
• Conveniently located with easy freeway access to the I-280 and the I-101
• Great public transportation, including 22, 10 and 19 bus lines within a block and close proximity to Caltrain, BART, and Third Street Light Rail
• 18th Street shopping and eateries include Chez Papa, Goat Hill Pizza, Chez Maman, Pera, Sunflower, Papito, Farley’s, Umi, Aperto, and brunch sensation Plow
• Design Center area eateries and shopping include Live Sushi, Sally’s, Market and Rye, Tiptoes Nail Salon, Perry’s, Dos Pinas, Mercer Bar, and Eyes on You
• Nightlife includes Mighty, Yield Wine Bar, Thee Parkside, Bottom of the Hill, and many others
• Other cultural outlets include Jackson Playground, Metronome Ballroom, Emily Cole Dance School, Potrero Branch Library, Anchor Brewing Company, and the San Francisco Design Center
• For the mind and body, enjoy Bakar Fitness Center, World Gym, Yoga Tree, and Centered Body
• Close proximity to prestigious schools such as the Culinary Arts School (SF Campus) as well as the California College of Arts make this a great investment not only for now, but for the future
• Walk Score of 90